Choosing to seek depression treatment is an essential step in your journey to living a more fulfilling, enriching life. Unfortunately, thanks to the negative stigma surrounding depression and mental illness, 35% of U.S. adults don’t take that first step. And not receiving treatment for depression could end fatally.
But if you’re reading this, that means you’re at least considering getting the help you need for yourself or a loved one. And that’s a sign of strength. You’re taking charge of your mental health, and that’s one of the most critical first steps.
Why You Need a Depression Treatment Program
Depression isn’t just a feeling sad or melancholy. Depression is a serious mental health condition. While many people try to “muscle through it” on their own, the best treatment for depression involves seeking the professional help of a trained mental health professional.
Think of getting depression treatment this way: you go to a doctor when your body is sick, and you go to the dentist when your teeth hurt. So why wouldn’t you seek a mental health professional who is skilled and experienced in treating depression and other mental health concerns when you have a mental illness?
When you choose a depression treatment program, you take action to fight for your mental health. You don’t have to live your life feeling any of the following symptoms of depression:
- Feelings of worthlessness or guilt
- Weight gain or loss
- Trouble focusing, remembering things, or making decisions
- Sleeping pattern changes
- Lack of energy
- Regular thoughts of death and suicide
- Feeling overwhelming sadness for days or weeks at a time
- Loss of interest in things you once enjoyed
If you feel any of the above, you may have clinical depression, and seeking a depression treatment program is the best choice you can make.
Related Post: Your Best Options for Treating Depression During Pregnancy
Depression Treatment Options
There are several different types of depression treatment options. What you’ll experience in a depression treatment program depends on your level of need and your commitment to the program. Some depression treatment options require you to live away from home, while others allow you to go about your daily responsibilities while adhering to a therapy session schedule.
- Inpatient hospitalization: Severe cases of depression may require you to stay in a rehabilitation facility. This is so you get the support and 24/7 care you need to overcome your mental illness.
- Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP): IOPs are a step down from inpatient care. While they have a similar rigorous therapy session requirement, an IOP allows you to continue living at home, go to work or school, and spend time with your friends and family while receiving depression treatment.
- Psychotherapy: As one of the most proven effective depression treatment options, psychotherapy refers to what you probably think of when you think of going to therapy: meeting with a therapist to talk and work through your mental illness together.
- Medication management: While not everyone suffering from depression requires medication, it can be helpful for many and is often used in conjunction with other types of depression treatment.
- Lifestyle changes: While eating better, getting enough sleep, and regular exercise may not help you overcome depression, it can certainly help. Lifestyle changes are a practical way to help you feel better and are most effective in treating depression when you make changes while enrolling in a depression treatment program.
Related Post: Getting Help for Depression: How to Find the Right Therapist
The BOLD Approach to Treating Depression
If you are seeking a depression treatment program in San Diego, our experienced mental health clinicians are ready to help. If you or your primary care physician don’t feel like you need inpatient rehabilitation to help you through your depression, our comfortable, welcoming facility may be your next stop on your journey to wellness.
At BOLD Health in San Diego, we offer depression treatment programs to help you feel like yourself again. Each of our depression treatment options includes caring, compassionate help from our team, who walks with you every step of your recovery journey.
Of the above depression treatment options, at BOLD, we offer:
What You Can Expect at BOLD
No matter which depression treatment options you end up using, rest assured, we’re in this with you for the long haul. Whether you need a few psychotherapy sessions or need a combination of all three treatment options for months into the future, we’re here for you.
When you choose BOLD Health for help with depression in San Diego, you’ll benefit from our:
1. Expert, Compassionate Staff Members
From the moment you contact us, we’re on your side, fighting for your mental health and wellness. Our team of intake professionals, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, psychologists, psychiatrists, and therapists are here to serve you as a whole person. We won’t look at you and simply see your mental illness. We’ll see you for the unique and wonderful individual you are, no matter where you are on your mental wellness journey.
2. BOLD Method
Unlike traditional depression treatment programs, our BOLD method combines psychiatric medical care and psychotherapy. This allows us to help you not only treat your mental illness symptoms but also provides you with the tools and strategies to make life-long changes.
3. Commitment to Providing Proven Depression Treatment Methods
Our practice is owned and operated by physicians who continually refine our treatment methods to ensure we only provide the most proven, evidence-based treatments based on empirical data. When you partner with us here at BOLD, you can be sure you’re getting the best, most up-to-date depression treatment available, explicitly tailored to meet your needs.
4. Core Values
In every aspect of our mental health facility in San Diego, we practice integrity, excellence, respect, and compassion. We also believe in taking a BOLD stand against the mental illness industry norms that may not provide the best possible outcomes for patients. And at BOLD, we always speak the truth and provide a judgment and shame-free environment.
Expect Results at BOLD Health
If you’re searching for depression help in San Diego, look no further. Don’t settle for a depression treatment program that doesn’t deliver the results you need. Here at BOLD Health, we believe you have the power to become the author of your own life and not live as a slave to your depression. By helping you discover the tools and strategies you need for self-improvement and self-realization, you can reach your full potential and overcome your depression.
All you have to do is take that first step and contact us. After that, you’ll have our team of clinicians on your side. And pretty soon, you’ll be taking control of your future.
[…] What to Expect in a Depression Treatment Program […]
[…] Related Post: What to Expect in a Depression Treatment Program […]