Having a proven method of treating mental illness and addiction using the BOLD Method, we are working to help established programs provide the best medical care to their patients and are available for consultation for medical directorship to manage your patients’ medical and psychiatric needs.
Our team of highly trained physicians, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants, led by Dr. Katie Hirst, provides expert, evidence-based medical and psychiatric care for patients in residential and IOP levels of care through a variety of facilities across California. Our work includes medical and psychiatric assessments, detox management, treatment of co-morbid psychiatric and medical diagnoses, and prescription of medication-assisted treatment (MAT) for substance-use disorders.
We Are Experts in Treating:
- Opioid, alcohol, benzodiazepine, stimulant, and other substance use disorders
- This includes transitioning patients from methadone (up to 90mg) to Suboxone/Sublocade or off MAT completely, typically in <14days and with limited withdrawal symptoms
- Mood, anxiety and psychotic disorders
- Personality disorders, especially Borderline Personality Disorder
- Sedative use disorders, including prescription sleep medications, designer sedatives, gabapentin/pre-gabalin, and muscle relaxers
About Dr. Hirst
Dr. Katie Hirst trained in both Psychiatry and Family Medicine after graduating from UC San Diego School of Medicine. She has personal and professional experience with the devastating effects of substance use disorders on individuals and their loved ones, and is dedicated to providing the highest level of care to support and treat those who are still suffering.
Benefits of BOLD Consulting:
- We use evidence-based treatment modalities
- Our providers are chosen carefully for both their compassion and expertise in the field
- We endeavor that patients are less sedated, allowing them to mentally and emotionally participate in treatment programming more quickly and completely
- We are highly responsive to patient and treatment center needs - our providers return calls and see patients promptly, and Dr. Hirst works directly with each program to ensure the highest level of care
- Programs can expect personalized service and, when requested, protocols for treatment and patient care
- Medical and Psychiatric Assessments initiated within four hours of patient arrival on site (during 8am-11pm)
- Management of most non-emergency medical issues (we are also Family Practitioners) for patients
- Prescription of all appropriate medications, including medication-assisted treatment for Opioid and Alcohol SUD
- Consultation with staff via telephone or secure videoconferencing for client treatment issues, with availability for non-emergent consultation 8am-11pm daily
- Hours set aside for patient follow-up visits at the request and convenience of each site
- Availability for emergent consultation with Medical Director or providers regarding patient emergencies 24/7 via telephone or secure video conferencing platform
- Report preparations for clients (such as disability, FMLA applications)
- Labs ordered and reviewed by medical providers; CLIA certificate maintained
- Participation in weekly treatment team meetings as requested by Clinical or Program Directors
We can also train your therapists and staff, or create curriculum to educate them on science-based, results-driven mental health treatments.
Would you like to inquire about our professional services?
We’ll follow up with you within one business day.
"*" indicates required fields